- Start Date:
- End Date:
- MedPAN Team
9-12 May 2017 in Alexandria, Egypt.
This Meeting will be an opportunity to exchange information on the activities carried out to implement the "Protocol concerning Specially Protected Areas and Biological Diversity in the Mediterranean" (SPA/BD Protocol) in the different countries of the region and to review SPA/RAC's activities since the last Focal Point Meeting held in Athens (Greece), on 25-29 May 2015.
SPA/RAC also intends to use this Meeting to consult with its Focal Points about its work-programme for the coming two-year period (2018-2019) and a certain number of topical questions such as notably:
- Updating of the Action Plan for the Conservation of Bird Species listed in Annex II of the SPA/BD Protocol;
- Updating of the Reference List of Marine Habitat types for the Mediterranean region;
- Implementation of the ‘Regional Working Programme for the Coastal and Marine Protected Areas in the Mediterranean Sea including the High Sea' supported by the ‘Roadmap for a Comprehensive Coherent Network of Well-Managed MPAs to Achieve Aichi Target 11 in the Mediterranean';
- List of Specially Protected Areas of Mediterranean Importance (SPAMI List);
- Assistance in the implementation of the first phase of the Integrated Monitoring and Assessment Programme (IMAP) on biodiversity and non-indigenous species in the framework of the EcAp roadmap.